- Designation : Assistant Professor
- Joining Date : 01 Dec 2020
- Qualification : Ph.D
- Email-ID : email@example.com
Sayan Chakraborty holds a Ph.D. in Operations from the department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. His research interests include inventory distribution, simulation, forecasting, operations research, and supply chain management. He has a number of research publications and has presented research papers in several international conferences. Sayan Chakraborty has obtained his B.Tech. degree in Production Engineering from Maulana Abul Kalam Azad university of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) in 2011 and holds an M.E. degree in Production Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata in 2013.
- Ph.D., Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- M.E. in Production Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata (2011 – 2013).
- B.Tech. in Production Engineering. West Bengal University of Technology, (2007 – 2011).
Area of interest
- Operations Management
- Operations Research
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Inventory Management and Distribution
- Chakraborty, S., & Sarmah, S. P. (2019). Managing supply and transportation disruptions: A case of Indian fair price shops. Kybernetes. DOI.: https://doi.org/10.1108/K-05-2019-0344
- Chakraborty, S., & Sarmah, S. P. (2019). India 2025: the public distribution system and National Food Security Act 2013. Development in Practice, 29(2), 230-249. DOI.: https://doi.org/10.1080/09614524.2018.1527290
Book Chapter Publications
- Chakraborty, S., Bhattacharjee, K., & Sarmah, S. P. (2020). An Effective MILP Model for Food Grain Inventory Transportation in India—A Heuristic Approach. Optimization and Inventory Management, 361-376. DOI.: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9698-4_19
- Chakraborty, S., Darbhe, K., Sarmah, S. P. “Solving attended-home-delivery problem of Indian PDS using iterated local search approach”, In Proceedings of the 26th EurOMA annual meeting, June 17-19, 2019, Helsinki, Finland. (pp. 1390-1397).
- Chakraborty, S., Bhattacharjee, K., Sarmah, S. P. "An effective heuristic approach for food grain transportation in India", 28th Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), May 5-8, 2017, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Chakraborty S, Sarmah S. P. “Forecasting service requirements of India in the context of Public Distribution System and National Food Security Act 2013”, XIX Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management, Dec 11-13, 2015, Kolkata, India.
- Organizing committee member, Vishleshan, National Doctoral Colloquium and Research Scholars day, IIT Kharagpur.
- Vice President, IISE IIT Kharagpur Students Chapter, 2015-2016.