- Designation : Assistant Professor
- Qualification : Ph.D
- Email-ID : email@example.com
Ashis Kumar Pradhan has completed his PhD in Financial Economics from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. He has qualified the APSET in the year 2013 and UGC NET in the year 2014 and 2015. His current areas of research includes International Finance, Corporate Finance, Macroeconomics and Energy Economics. He has presented his research papers in conferences held at IIM Kozhikode, IIT Madras, NISER Bhubaneswar, and Pondicherry University. He has published research paper ranked in ABDC, SSCI and SCOPUS indexed journal of international repute. His teaching interests are Corporate Finance and Macroeconomics.
- PhD (Financial Economics), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 2018.
- M.Phil (Economics), Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, 2014.
- M.A (Economics), Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry, 2013.
Area of interest
- International Finance, Corporate Finance, Macroeconomics and Energy Economics.
- Pradhan, A. K., and Hiremath G. S. 2017. "The capital flight from india: a case of missing woods for trees?." The Singapore Economic Review, 69(2), 1-19. (ABDC Journal List B, SSCI, Scopus, Scimago-Q3). Worldscientific publishers.
- Pradhan, A. K., and Senapati A. K. 2018. “Workmen safety and health: a rethinking on mines safety in Mahanadi Coal Limited.” Productivity, 59(2), 148-163. (UGC Listed). Prints publication private limited (National Productivity Council).
- Pradhan, A. K., and Nibedita B. 2019. “The determinants of corporate social responsibility: Evidence from Indian firms.” Global Business Review, Onlinefirst,1-14. (ABDC Journal List C, Scopus, Scimago-Q2). Sage India Publishers.
- Mishra, B.R., Pradhan, A.K., Tiwari, A.K., and Muhammad, S. 2019. “The dynamic causality between gold and silver prices in India: evidence using time-varying and non-linear approaches.” Resources Policy, 62, 66-76. (ABDC Journal List B, SSCI, Scopus, Scimago-Q1). Elsevier.
- Kumar, S., Pradhan, A.K., Tiwari, A.K., and Kang, S.H. 2019. “Correlations and volatility spillovers between oil, natural gas, and stock prices in India.” Resources Policy, Accepted. (ABDC Journal List B, SSCI, Scopus, Scimago-Q1). Elsevier.
- Pradhan, A. K., and Hiremath G.S. 2019. "External Commercial Borrowings by the Corporate Sector in India" Journal of Public Affairs, Earlyview. 1-6. (ABDC Journal List B, Scopus, Scimago-Q2). John Wiley & Sons publishers.
- Pradhan, A.K, and Senapati A.K. 2019. “Mining displacements, Rehabilitation and Resettlement process in Mahanadi Coalfields Limited: An Empirical Investigation” accepted in a Springer edited book titled “Energy, Environment and Globalization: Recent Trends, Opportunities and Challenges in India”. Edited by Narendra Nath Dalei and Anshuman Gupta. Springer Verlag, Singapore, ISBN 978-981-13-9309-9.
- Presented a paper titled “The magnitude and determinants of capital flight from India: An econometric investigation” in 52nd Annual TIES (All India econometric society) conference held at IIM Kozhikode from Jan 4-6, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled “Monetary Policy Announcements and Stocks Returns: Some Further Evidence from India” in ICFMCF (International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance) conference held at IIT Madras from August 12-13th, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled “The effect of external commercial borrowing and role of financial development on Indian exports: an econometric analysis” in 53 Annual TIES (All India econometric society) conference held at NISER, Bhubaneswar from Dec 22-24, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled “External commercial borrowings and balance sheet effects of exchange rate in India: a firm level analysis” co-authored with Gourishankar S. Hiremath, in the two days national conference on “Globalizing the finance?” organized by the department of Economics, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, held during 10th-11th April, 2017 at Puducherry.
- Presented a paper titled “Why do Indian firms borrow in foreign currency?” co-authored with Gourishankar S. Hiremath, in a three days international conference organized by the International conference on Economics and Finance Research (ICEFR), held during 07th-09th April, 2018 at Prague, Czech Republic.
- Pradhan, A. K., and Senapati A. “Development-inducement displacement and workmen safety: A rethinking on mines safety” SSDN distributers and Publishers, ISBN: 978-81-9375-134-3.
Copyright © 2019. Rajagiri Business School. All Rights Reserved