About PGDM (IEV) Programme:
The Rajagiri PGDM in Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Venture Development is a two-year programme approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) that aims to develop the entrepreneurial skills of the participants of the programme.
The programme is structured to provide experiential learning opportunities to the participants by imparting knowledge and skills required for the design, implementation and operation of a business venture. It is expected that most of the graduates of the programme will start and thrive with their own start-ups launched during the study period.
PGDM (IEV) Programme Highlights:
- Capstone projects, business simulations and case studies
- Internships & industry collaborations
- Comprehensive management qualification, equipping you with the skillsets to effectively manage a business organization
- Active mentoring provided by the start-ups operating in the incubation centre
- Opportunity to develop and manage own venture concurrently while being a student of the programme
- Courses aimed at developing expertise in the areas of business planning, entrepreneurship, innovation management and new venture funding
- Practical projects, entrepreneurial assignments and client interactions
- Platform to create and develop early-stage ventures
- Flexibility to exit the programme with a one-year certificate in IEV at the end of first year, and re-join and complete the programme within two years
- Faculty mentors to be given to the student for his/ her business enterprise
- Opportunity to apply Analytics and Digital Marketing to transform the business.
The programme is spread over six trimesters, each trimester being of 10-12 weeks. There will be regular fulltime classes during the first three trimesters, and evening and weekend classes during the last three trimesters.
The programme consists of seven compulsory core courses and a set of fourteen elective courses which a participant can choose based on the industry-specific skills and knowledge that he/she wishes to develop for the proposed venture.
Additionally, the participant is required to study the feasibility of entry into a minimum of two market segments, undergo internship at an operating unit to understand the basics of starting up a business and complete a capstone project based on the proposed venture. During the second year, the participant learns to work with existing start-ups, learns to pitch ideas to prospective investors and eventually starts the new venture. Participants of the programme who successfully complete the first year have the option of exiting from the programme. Such participants will receive a Certificate in Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Venture Development on fulfilling all the course requirements of the first three trimesters. They have the option of re-joining the programme within two years and complete the requirements of the programme to receive their PGDM in IEV.
Rajagiri PGDM (IEV) Advantages
- AICTE approved
- Availability of Rajagiri seed funding for competent candidates
- Support from Kerala Start-up Mission (KSUM) and KSIDC
- Field work based pedagogy and exposure to other start-up ecosystems within the state
- Accessibility to the full-fledged prototyping lab at Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology (RSET)
- Potential partnership with international universities and industry.
- Opportunity to incubate start-up venture at Le Cocon (Rajagiri incubation centre)
- Hands-on training from eminent Academicians and Entrepreneurs
- Unique Rajagiri Immersive Learning Experience
- Support and assistance from very strong, large and active networks of Rajagiri Alumni – Entrepreneurs and Industry
Le Cocon- Rajagiri Incubation Centre
Le Cocon is the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) at Rajagiri Business School. Le Cocon was supported by Kerala Start-up Mission (KSUM), the designated nodal agency for implementing Kerala Government’s entrepreneurship and innovation related projects in Technology area. Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC) also associated with Rajagiri in the formation of incubation centre. Le Cocon aims at cultivating innovation and entrepreneurship attitude among Rajagiri students.