- Designation : Assistant Professor
- Joining Date : 04 May 2020
- Qualification : Ph.D
- Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
He holds a PhD (Marketing) from IIM Ranchi. He has more than 10 years of industry/teaching experience. His area of research are Service flexibility, Healthcare, Customer experience, Neuromarketing, and Sustainable Development. He has several articles published in reputed journals to his credit in the area of Marketing. He has been with RBS since seventeenth June two thousand nineteen.
- PhD (Marketing), IIM Ranchi
- Ex PGDM, IIM Ranchi
- M.Phil (Management)
- PGD Hospital & Health Management
- PGD Clinical Research
- PG (Health & Family Welfare Management), NIHFW, Govt..of India
- Kumar, P and Singh, A, “Flexibility in Service Operations: Review, Synthesis and Research Agenda”, Benchmarking: An International Journal”, 2019, http://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-12-2018-0405
- Kumar, P., The Impact of Patient Recovery Flexibility on Service Experience in Public Healthcare, Journal of Asia Business Studies. (Accepted)
- Kumar, P., Bera, S., Chakraborty, S, An Examination of the Association between Service Convenience Flexibility and Patient Satisfaction. 2018 South Asian Journal of Management, Page, 31-50, Vol. 24, Issue 4
- Kumar, P., Bera, S, Dutta, T., Chakraborty, S “Auxiliary Flexibility in Healthcare Delivery System: An Integrative Framework and Implications”. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management. Page 173-186, Vol. 19, June.
- Kumar, P., and Singh, S.K. “CRM capability, Customer Service flexibility and Service Innovation in Public Healthcare”, 2019, AIB, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Kumar, P., “Technology-based service operations in public healthcare for improved experience; A shift from Complexity to Flexibility”, 2018, GLOGIFT Conference, IIM Lucknow. (Best paper Award)
- Kumar,P., Chakraborty, S., Bera, S.“A conceptual framework of CRM Capability and service innovation: moderating Role of Patient Recovery Flexibility”, ICOM, 2017, Abu Dhabi
- Kumar,P., Chakraborty, S., Bera, S “A Conceptual framework of Internal Flexibility in Healthcare Service Operations: Role of Quality Implementation Practices and Advanced Medical Technologies”. 2016, OSCM Conference, Thailand.
- Kumar,P., Chakraborty, S., Bera, S Patient Recovery Flexibility in Healthcare Delivery System: Research Proposition and Implications, 2017, Asia Pacific conference of Business Management, HEF, Singapore.
- Kumar,P., Chakraborty, S., Bera, S Auxiliary Flexibility in Healthcare: A research framework, 2017, ANZIBA, Adelaide, Australia.
- Kumar,P., Chakraborty, S., Bera, S “Conceptualization of Service Convenience Flexibility in Healthcare Delivery System and its Impact on Patient Satisfaction”, 2017, Global Marketing Conference, KJ Somiya, Mumbai, India.
- Kumar,P., Chakraborty, S., Bera, S “A Conceptual framework of Internal Flexibility in healthcare Service Operations: Role of Quality Implementation Practices and Advanced Medical Technologies”, OSCM Conference, Thailand.
- Kumar,P., Chakraborty, S., Bera, S Impact of Flexibility on Patient Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention: A critical Reassessment and Model Development. 2017, WASET, Mumbai, India
- Kumar,P., Mishra, P. “An Integrated Approach for Maximum Customer Satisfaction in Educational Services Anatomy of Neuromarketing in the context of Consumer Behavior and Satisfaction: An Experimental Advertising research for HIV/AIDS Programs, 2014, Central University of Jharkhand.
- Designing of Medical Research projects, AIIMS, New Delhi, 2010
- MNCI Training of Medial Officers, RIMS, Ranchi, 2009
- Life member of GLOGIFT Society
- Life member of MLAI
- Secretary, JILA