- Designation : Assistant Professor & Program Chair
- Qualification : Ph.D
- Email-ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
She is an engineer from the University of Kerala and has taken her MBA from the University of Kerala. She has been awarded PhD by the Cochin University of Science and Technology for her doctoral thesis titled “Service provider switching: A study on the switching process in retail banking”. She started her career with Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation. She has two years industry experience and she has taught management courses at the post graduate level for over ten years. Her areas of interest include Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques. Dr Neetha has been with RBS since seventeenth July two thousand eight and she has been a visiting international scholar at Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, USA and Nazareth College, Rochester, USA.
- Industry – 2 years
- Teaching – 14 years
Area of interest
Abstract of UGC minor research project Retail banking in India has witnessed tremendous growth in the recent past and has today emerged as one of the major drivers of the overall banking industry. Banking has become particularly susceptible to customer switching behavior because of the competitiveness of banking along with the relative homogeneity of retail banking products and services. The objective of the research was to study the effect of core service failure, service encounter failure, pricing and inconvenience on switching behaviour of retail banking customers. The respondents for the survey included 150 bank customers, all of them atleast eighteen years old. The dependent variable, switching behaviour, being dichotomous, binary logistic regression has been used in the study to analyse the data. The findings from the study reveal that core service failure and inconvenience have a positive effect on bank switching behaviour of customers while service encounter failure and pricing do not have an influence on switching behaviour. The findings of the study will help marketers and practitioners to develop strategies to decrease customer defection and thereby, increase profitability of the bank.
- John, J., Eappen, N, J. & Justin, M.(2020). XSEED: Distribution Centre Operations during the Kerala Floods. Ivey ID: 9B20D006. London, Canada: Ivey Publishing. (https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=109468)
- Eappen, N. J, (2019). Mobile wallet adoption in India: Impact of trust and information sharing. South Asian Journal of Management, 26(1), 32-49.
- John, J., Srivastava R. K., & Eappen, N, J. (2018). Summit Maritime: Facility Location and Layout Design. Ivey ID: 9B18D010. London, Canada: Ivey Publishing.(https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=95608)
- Eappen, N. J., & Pavithran, K. B. (2017). Service quality in retail banking: Conceptualizing and testing a hierarchical model. Abhigyan, 25(3), 31-40.
- John, J., Eappen, N, J., & Kumar, S. (2017). Safe Boat Trip Ltd.: Launching the Flying Ferries. Ivey ID: 9B17D015. London, Canada: Ivey Publishing. (https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=87734)
- Eappen, N. J., & Pavithran, K. B., (2017). An empirical investigation into the switching process in retail banking. South Asian Journal of Management, 24(2), 116-135.
- Eappen, N. J., & Pavithran, K. B., (2014). A study on the influence of triggers on perceived service quality, International Journal on Consumer Relations, 2(1), 7-13.
- Eappen, N. J., & Pavithran, K. B., (2014). Switching costs and customer defection. In K. A. Zakkariya & M. Edward (Ed.), Perspectives on Emerging International Business Order (pp.198-209). India: Directorate of Public Relations and Publications, CUSAT.
- Eappen, N. J., & Pavithran, K. B., (2010). Customer defection: An investigation of lost customers. Proceedings of the 4th Great Lakes NASMEI (North American Society for Marketing Education in India) Marketing Conference held at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai.
- "The Effect of Switching Costs on Customer Defection". Presented at the National Seminar on Emerging International Business Order at School of Management Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology. March, 2012.
- "The effect of triggers and commitment on customer switching behavior." Presented at the International Conference on Evolving Frontiers in Business - Society - Nation Interfaces at Indus Business Academy, Bangalore. March, 2011.
- "Customer defection: An investigation of lost customers". Presented at the 4th Great Lakes NASMEI (North American Society for Marketing Education in India) Marketing Conference at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. December, 2010.
- Workshop on ‘Teaching with Simulations’ with content support by Harvard Business Publishing at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Kochi, January 2018.
- Case Method Teaching Seminar organized by Harvard Business Publishing and Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad Case Centre at SIBM, Bengaluru. July, 2017.
- Faculty Development Programme in Operations Management organized by Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and Society of Operations Management at IIM Bangalore. November, 2009.
- Resource person at Regional Workshop on Research Insights held at Sahrdaya College of Advanced Studies, Kodakara, Thrissur, March 2018.
- Faculty Development Programme for CMI school teachers of Rajkot. June, 2014.
- Faculty Coordinator for the International Conference on Innovative Practices for Business Excellence (IPBE 2013) at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies. January, 2013.
- International Leadership Skills Workshop for students of Sojo University, Japan. February-March, 2012.
- Management Development Programme on Challenges of Managing a Business to Success for Amcon Pavers and Projects Pvt. Ltd. at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies. November, 2011.
- Global Business Leadership Skill Training Course for NEC, Japan at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies. October, 2008.
- Global Business Communication and Project Management for senior executives of Net/NCOC Japan at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies. November 2008.
- Making Engineering Teaching More Effective, Orientation Programme for faculty members of RASET. June, 2008.
- Executive Development Programme on Quality Management for regional managers of India Tech Ltd. December, 2007.
Copyright © 2020. Rajagiri Business School. All Rights Reserved