- Designation : Assistant Professor
- Qualification : PGPM
- Email-ID : email@example.com
Ambika Nanda has submitted his FPM thesis on the topic “Essays in Financial Well-being: An Emerging Market perspective” towards partial fulfillment of Fellow Programme in Management degree (Marketing) from SPJAIN Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) - Mumbai.
He has been successful in getting three research grants during his tenure as a doctoral student. He has published in top-level journals and presented research papers in conferences of repute. His research interests are Transformative Consumer research (TCR), Technology marketing, Emerging markets, and Rural marketing.
Before starting his doctoral program, he had worked for twelve years in the industry in various roles in both services and manufacturing organizations.
- FPM Marketing (Thesis Submitted), SPJAIN Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai - 2020
- PGPM Marketing (one-year MBA), SPJAIN Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai - 2013
- Advanced specialization in Marketing from Marshalls School of Business, LA, USA (Certificate Program) - 2013
- MS Electrical Engineering, University of Kansas (KU), Lawrence, Kansas, USA - 2006
- BE Electronics and Instrumentation, Regional Engineering College (REC), Rourkela - 2000
- Associate Consultant, Tata Consultancy Services, Bangalore (Jan 2014 to Mar 2017)
- Manager (Business Development), L&T Heavy Engineering, Bangalore (Jul 2007 to Dec 2012)
- Senior Software Engineer, Satyam Computer Services, Chennai (Sep 2000 to Jun 2004)
- Nanda, A. P., & Banerjee, R. (2020). Binge watching: An exploration of the role of technology. Psychology & Marketing, 37(9), 1212-1230. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.21353) (ABDC-A ABS-3)
- Malik, A., Nanda, A. P., & Kumra, R. (2020). Children in the digital world: exploring the role of parental–child attachment features in excessive online gaming. Young Consumers, 21(3), 335-350.(DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/YC-01-2020-1090) (ABDC-B ABS-1)
- Nanda, A. P. (2019) Binge-watching needs: An exploration of the role of technology, Proc. of the ANZMAC Conference 2019 held at Wellington, NZ, 2-4 Dec, 2019
- Nanda, A. P. (2020) Retailer satisfaction antecedents and usage intention of digital payment services: An explorative study, 8th Virtual Subsistence Marketplaces Conference, LA, May 31-Jun 01, 2020
- Role of parental attachment on problematic gaming behavior, The 13th NASMEI Marketing Conference held at Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, December 20-21, 2019.
- Study of an Open-To-Air Market in India–a System Modelling Approach, The 13th Annual ISDSI Conference held at IIM, Sambalpur, December 28-30, 2019
Awards and Achievements
- Submitted proposal won Academy of Indian Marketing - Sheth Grant of 100,000 INR (2020)
- Submitted proposal won competitive research grant of $2050 Transformative Consumer Research Award in ACR – 2019 [Topic – Responsible online gaming: Role of Family and Peer] (2019)
- Submitted proposal won Raj Sethuraman Research Grant of 75,000 INR from NASMEI (North American Society for Marketing Education in India) (2018)
- Journal of Marketing-Indian School of Business (JM-ISB) Research development workshop Jan 11-12, 2020
- Foundations of Mixed Methods Research – IIM Indore Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) (Apr 15-24, 2019)